Welcome to Lorna Doone Dental Surgery, Woking
We are Open – Your Dental Care Post Lockdown
We are excited to inform you that as of Monday the 8th of June 2020, the practice is open to serve you once again. Please call or email to book an appointment. We will begin with appointments for those patients with emergencies who contacted us during lockdown.
As you know, we have been running a personalised advisory service together with pain relief and antibiotic prescription, as appropriate, since late March, when all dental practices were required to shut. It has been good to speak with some of you and we would like to thank you all for your continued understanding during this unprecedented pandemic. It has been pleasing to find that the vast majority of you have stayed well and symptom-free.
We want to reassure you that we have been busy in the background, so that we are ready to deliver the highest standards of safety for you and our team members. We have ample supply of PPE, robust Infection Control Procedures and Safety Measures in place.
There will be a new ‘normal’ for treating you at our practice. The overriding aim of all these new measures is for your health and for your safety.
What this means for you:
- When booking your appointment you will be asked to update your medical health and to confirm your household is symptom-free.
- On the day of your appointment, you will be asked to attend close to the time of your appointment, perhaps waiting in your car until then. You will be asked to use hand sanitiser, and you will have your temperature taken on arrival.
- We will be staggering appointment times to limit contact between patients. This will also mean reducing the use of our communal waiting area, we will be escorting patients directly to their appointments whenever possible.
- We will all be wearing more protective equipment than you have been used to, depending upon the procedure planned. For example, any potential procedure that creates an aerosol spray will demand even higher barrier measures.
- We shall ask you to rinse out at the start of your appointment with an antimicrobial mouthwash.
- At the end of the appointment, you will make a short visit to the reception which will have acrylic screen and ask you to make a payment by card. Sometimes, we may have asked for prepayment, simply to limit contact with our reception team.
- All rooms will be aired regularly, and as we had already implemented prior to the COVID outbreak, regular disinfection of contact surfaces will be carried out in all areas of the practice, both clinical and communal.
In summary, we will do all we can to treat your dental needs to the expected high standard and in the safest possible environment.
We look forward to meeting up with you again soon.
Lorna Doone Dental Surgery
We strive to provide you with the dentistry you need for you and your family, which means you, can enjoy good quality dentistry in a welcoming atmosphere to ensure long-term oral health for all of your family.
On behalf of the dental team and staff, we would like to welcome you to our practice. We hope you enjoy being treated in a first class environment with the most up to date equipment and quality care.
The practice offers the latest cosmetic and restorative treatments on a fully preventative approach to oral health. A commitment to post graduate education ensures awareness of the latest techniques available.
British Dental Association Good Practice
We have been members of the BDA Good Practice scheme since it was introduced over 16 years ago and were one of the first practices in the country to achieve membership. We have Gold Members status. This shows our long-term commitment to providing high quality dentistry recognised by the British Dental Association.